Monday, July 25, 2011
Banana Coconut Chocolate Muffins
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup of sugar
1 large egg
3 large ripe bananas
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup dried coconut (if you can find the unsweetened variety, feel free to use.) and a bit more to sprinkle on top of the muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake/muffin pan with liners. In a medium bowl, measure out and mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk egg and sugar, and vanilla extract together until well combined. Add melted butter. Mix well. Squish into the bowl bananas and mix. Add chocolate chips and coconut. Mix well.
3. Add dry mixture. Use a VERY light hand to mix at this point. The more mixing you do the tougher the muffin so try not to over mix. You want everything well mixed together but not over mixed.
4. Divide batter equally in liners. Sprinkle tops with some coconut. Bake until golden brown, about 22-30 minutes.
5. Cool for 5 minutes in the pan and then enjoy.
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Monday, July 18, 2011
Just some random things I like and threw together:
2-3 cans of frozen lemonade (I did not add all of the water because of ice)
A couple handfuls of strawberries pureed
Mint leaves to taste (I like a lot)
Ice & Serve...or refrigerate in mason jars.